Sunday, October 22, 2006

Quarter finals VFH state play off's...






So Rutland made it this far...good thing for me as the the game was in Rutland.
I thought I was getting there nice and early to stake my claim near the best part of the field...behind the annoying fence. Pull in, unload the car with my camera and so on...I'm hearing the whistle blowing like crazy...like a game. mmm Strange.... ref's don't warm up the whistles LOL...Oh man...they started the game early !!. Thank god..I only missed the first 10 minutes. I would have been so bummed. The score was already 1-0 in Colchester's favor....
So, I found an OK spot near the fence. The crowd was great. A good mixture from both sides.
The game just got for intense from there...don't they always as the clock is ticking and time is running out. Rutland scored and tied it up.
Rutland dominated the game and was awarded corner after corner....
They just couldn't get it past the goalie. The goalie was there to deflect on every shot...she had a solid back up. 2-3 defense players jumping in the pen to help her out. Cochester scored again with 20 minutes left in the game.
Again Rutland was knocking on there door.....just couldn't knock it in.
The final was 2-1...for Colchester.

There Margie....how's that for my little sports reporting?

PS...Don't know whats going on...again I can only post a couple...I'll try again in another post...I have a couple of really cool ones for you...

1 comment:

Margie @ Smiles Forever Photo said...

Nice Job on the Reporting.. Could be a new career path for you... LOL

Gonna miss my Hockey updated till next season.. ;-( Congrats Rutland for a GREAT year!!